Application for DSWD Travel Clearance

What this is For:

This is for the Application for DSWD Travel Clearance

Where to File:

DSWD Regional Office which has jurisdiction over the applicants residence

How to File:

1. Applicant fills up application form and submits supporting documents (one copy each) to the DSWD Regional Office which has jurisdiction over the applicants residence. (Application must be filed at least seven (7) days prior to the scheduled departure of the minor or even earlier if the minor still has to get a passport)

2. The social worker reviews the accomplished application form and documents submitted and makes an assessment through interviews or home visit, if necessary.

3. If result of the assessment is favorable, the social worker recommends approval for issuance of travel clearance. If not, the Department shall request the Bureau of Immigration to place the child on its hold- departure list and shall notify the parent of the child of the said action.

4. The DSWD Field Director or his/her authorized representative signs and issues the Certificate of Travel Abroad for Minor. The certificate is valid for six months, and effective for only one travel.


Who Are Required to Secure A Travel Clearance

1. Children below 18 years old travelling abroad and who are in any of the following circumstances:

Travelling alone;

Travelling with a person other than his/her parents or those exercising parental and legal custody of the child;

Travelling for the purpose of adoption abroad (inter-country adoption);

Minor adopted in the Philippines;

2. An illegitimate child travelling with his/her father; and

3. A minor travelling with a group for sports competition, cultural presentation, pilgrimage or study tours.

Who Can File for Travel Clearance

1. A minor who is 13 to 17 years old;

2. The minors parents or legal guardians;

3. The minors travelling companion; and

4. Authorized representative of the minors parents/legal guardian

Other Documentary Requirements:

1. Birth certificate on security paper (SECPA) of the minor.

2. Certified copy of Marriage certificate of minors parents, if appropriate.

3. Notarized affidavit of consent from parents/guardian authorizing a particular person to accompany child in his/her travel abroad

4. Notarized affidavit of support of sponsor indicating employment and salary certified by the employer, if appropriate.

5. Certified copy of latest income tax return of sponsoring person and/or parent with official confirmation receipts.

6. Two passport - size pictures of minor.

7. Photo copy of passport and visa of travelling companion.

Additional Requirements:

1. For immigrant minors - visa petition approval.

2. For minors who will study abroad - acceptance from the school where minor is to be enrolled.

3. For minors who will attend conference, study tours, etc. - certification from sponsoring organization.

4. For minors going abroad for medical purposes - medical certificate of the minor

5. For adopted minors - certified copy of adoption decree and clearance from the Office of the Solicitor General (OSG), if adoption was promulgated less than 15 days when application for clearance to travel was made.

6. For minors under legal guardianship - certified copy of Letter of Guardianship/Court Order

7. For minor who is 13 years old and above travelling alone - affidavit executed by parents or legal guardian stating that minor shall be fetched at the airport by the sponsor and certification from airlines that they will be responsible for the minor while on travel.