Philippine Government Forms All in One Location
Water Permit Application Form
NWRB application form for water permit
Your Browser Doesn't Support Canvas. Showing the Text Content of the PDF Instead: WATER PERMIT
Republic of the Philippines
NATIONAL WATER RESOURCES BOARD
8th Floor, NIA Building, EDSA, Diliman, Quezon City
Filed in the Office of
BEFORE ACCOMPLISHING THIS FORM IN QUADRUPLICATE, READ THE ACCOMPANYING INSTRUCTIONS
1. Name of Applicant
5. Filing & Legal Research fee Payable to
National Water Resources Board
a. Phil. Postal Money Order Nos.
2. Mailing Address
b. NWRB Official Receipt No. _________________
2a. Telephone No.
3. Tax Account No.
6. Name of Water Source
7. Location of Diversion Point
8. Method of Diversion
9. Months of Low-Flow
10. Water Needed in Liters/Second
12. If for Agriculture, Area of Land and Crops Raised
14. If for Industry, Brief Description on how Water
will be Used
13. If for Domestic Water Supply. Population Served
15. If for Power, Rated Capacity
16. Other Uses
17. Name of Person/s Holding or Claiming Rights to the Use of Water including the Amount and Nature of Use
Downstream and Upstream of Proposed Point of Diversion
I hereby certify that the information given above
and in documents submitted are true and correct
to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Signature of Applicant
TO BE FILLED BY NWRB AGENT
18. CHECKLIST on General Information and Description
Ownership/right to land established
Citizenship as a Filipino established
Brief description of proposed project/development
Location plan of water source and point
of diversion using a scale of 1:50,000
Subscribed and sworn to before me on this date
Notary Public/Administering Officer
Location plan of areas to be developed
indicating the layout of proposed works
Certification of Incorporation if applicant is
an association or corporation
Other information as specified under Sect. 4
Rules and Regulations implementing the
20. Possible adverse effect to public and/or provate interest:
19. Diversion Point
21. Water Discharge (To be filled by NWRB Hydrologist/Staff)
a. 80% of time equalled or exceeded
b. Mean of monthly discharge L/S
22. Other comments and recommendations:
c. Amount of Water recommended
Name and Address of NWRB Agent
NOTICE OF WATER PERMIT
This is to certify that an application of WATER PERMIT with pertinent information included herewith, has been filed
with this Office.
Any person who may be adversely affected by the proposed appropriation may file with this Office, a written and
subscribed protest stating the reasons for his objection.
1. Name of Applicant
2. Mailing Address
3. Name of water source
4. Method of Diversion
5. Location of Diversion Point
6. Water Needed in Liters per Second
7. Period of Water Use
INSTRUCTION FOR WATER PERMIT APPLICATIONS
No person shall divert or appropriate water from any public water source such as rivers, creeks, brooks, springs,
lakes, lagoons, swamps, marshes, subterranean, or groundwater and sea water, without first securing a Water
Permit from the National Water resources Board.
Water Permit Applications must be filed with the Office of the DPWH District Engineer, the NIA Provincial
Irrigation Engineer, NPC Regional Manager or the LWUA Water District General Manager whichever is
designated as agent by the Board in the province where the point of diversion is situated.
The following may file an application for Water Permit:
A. Citizens of the Philippines;
B. Association, duly registered cooperatives or corporations organized under the
laws of the Philippines at least 60 percent of the capital of which is owned by the
citizens of the Philippines
C. Government entities and instrumentalities, including government owned or controlled corporations.
All communications to the applicant, including the Water Permit, will be directed to the mailing
address indicated. The National Water Resources Board must be notified immediately of any
changes in address.
Applicants without a TIN must first secure one from the Bureau of Internal Revenue before filing
a Water Permit Application.
Only citizens of the Philippines of legal age, as well as judicial persons, who are qualified by
law to exploit and develop water resources, may apply for a Water Permit.
The PMMO or NWRB Official Receipt Number, the date and amount paid shall be indicated.
The official name or (local name) of the river, creek, brook, lake, etc., or the words spring
or groundwater, whichever is appropriate, shall be indicated.
The location of the diversion point indicating the sitio/Barrio and the municipality where the
diversion point is located.
Indicate method of diverting water whether by dam, pump, etc.
Indicate the months during the year when the floe of the stream is considered low flow
(say, for example, from January to April).
10. Indicate the amount of water applied for, expressed in liters per second.
11. The purpose of which a Water Permit is applied for whether for Domestic, Municipal, Irrigation,
Power Generation, Fisheries, Livestock Raising, Industrial, Recreational or other purpose.
12. If water will be used for irrigation, indicate the area of land in hectares and the crop to be raised.
13. For domestic water supply, indicate the number of people served.
14. For industry, such as mining, or other industrial purpose, make a brief description of the proposed
project including, among others, how the water will be used, the amount of water needed for the
purpose, the amount and quality of water to be discharged back to the source if any, and the
proposed waste water treatment works to be provided.
15. For hydraulic power development, indicate the power plant rated capacity in kilowatts.
16. Specify other uses or which Water Permit is applied for.
17. Indicate the names of appropriators holding or claiming rights to the used of water including the
amount in liters per second and nature of use, both downstream and upstream of the proposed
point of diversion.
Application with incomplete information and/or insufficient documentation shall not be accepted for filing
18-20. To be filled by NWRB Agent
21-22. To be filled by NWRB Staff
Accomplished application form must be in 4 copies and Notice of WPA must be in 10 copies