Philippine Government Forms All in One Location
DFA application form for foreign service officer examination
Your Browser Doesn't Support Canvas. Showing the Text Content of the PDF Instead: Republic of the Philippines
DEPARTMENT OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
BOARD OF FOREIGN SERVICE EXAMINATIONS
APPLICATION FOR THE 2018 FOREIGN SERVICE OFFICER EXAMINATIONS
1. All questions must be answered fully in the applicant’s own handwriting in
“black ink pen”, with all blanks filled-in. A line or dash is not deemed an
answer. If the entry is not relevant or there is no answer, please write N/A.
2. The applicant must complete all the necessary requirements indicated in the
(4.5 x 3.5 cm.)
examination announcement, attaching said documents securely to this
3. If more space is needed for the answers to some questions, the applicant
may use a clean sheet of 8 ½ in. x 13 in. (long bond) paper. Follow the
same format as in the application form and number the answers accordingly.
4. Duly accomplished notarized application form should be submitted as
For those submitting to the BFSE Secretariat, DFA Main Office, Manila, one (1) duly
accomplished notarized application form with attachments;
For those submitting to the DFA Regional Consular Offices or to Philippine
Embassies/Consulates, one (1) duly accomplished notarized application form with attachments
and one (1) photocopy of the complete set of documents.
5. Application forms shall be duly accomplished by the applicants and submitted in person, not later
than 01 December 2017 at any Regional Consular Office or Philippine Embassy or Consulate
abroad, and not later than 08 December 2017 until 5:00 p.m. only at the DFA Main Office.
Applications shall no longer be accepted beyond the set deadlines.
6. Incomplete application forms shall not be accepted.
7. Any false, misleading or fraudulent statements knowingly made by the applicant shall be sufficient
cause for the cancellation of his/her test papers, removal from office if already appointed, and
prosecution for perjury.
8. Applicants who do not follow the foregoing instructions shall not be allowed to take the Foreign
Service Officer Examinations.
NOTE: The Career Service Examination for Foreign Service Officer (CSE-FSO) shall serve as the Foreign Service
Officer Examination – Qualifying Test and shall be conducted in collaboration with the Civil Service Commission
(CSC). Those who pass the CSE-FSO shall be conferred the Career Foreign Service Officer Eligibility by the CSC
and shall qualify for the next phase of the FSO Examination.
1. Name: ____________________________________________________________________
Name Extension (Jr/Sr/II)
2. Place of birth: __________________________ Date of birth:_________________________
Age:__________________________________ Sex: ________________________________
Citizenship(s):___________________________ Religion: _____________________________
3. Civil Status: _________________________________________________________________
If Married, name of spouse: ____________________________________________________
Citizenship(s) of spouse: _______________________________________________________
In case of a Muslim, please enumerate name and citizenships of all spouses
(Use separate sheet if necessary)
In case of a foreigner spouse, the application will be brought to the attention of the Secretary
of Foreign Affairs, for approval. Additional documentary requirements may be required from
4. Home address: ______________________________________________________________
Period of Residency: From _______________________ To ___________________________
Home telephone number: _____________________ Mobile number: ____________________
Email Address: ______________________________________________________________
Office address: ______________________________________________________________
Office telephone number: ______________________________________________________
5. Educational attainment: (Use separate sheet if necessary)
6. Present Employment: (Use separate sheet if necessary) Government
Length of Experience in
7. Previous Employment: (Use separate sheet if necessary)
Length of Experience in
8. Civil Service / Board / Bar / Other Government Examinations Passed (Use separate sheet if necessary)
Name of Examination
Date of Examination
Place of Examination
9. Character References: Give the names of three (3) Filipino citizens of good standing who can
vouch for your good moral character (exclude relatives).
ADDRESS/TELEPHONE OR MOBILE NO.
10. Have you ever been accused of, indicted or tried, for violation of any law, ordinance or regulation,
before any court, military or police tribunal, or other similar authority?
□ Yes □ No
If yes, give the date of the complaint or indictment and state fully the nature of the offense. A certified
copy of the order or decision of the court or tribunal shall be submitted with this application.
11. In case you pass the Foreign Service Officer Examinations, will you assume your position within
one (1) year after you have been notified of your appointment as FSO IV by the President of the
Philippines, and do you agree that refusal or failure to do so within the specified period would result
in the dropping of your name from the roster of eligible applicants?
□ Yes □ No
12. In case you are appointed as a Foreign Service Officer, are you willing and able to accept
assignment to any post where your services may be required? □ Yes □ No
13. For applicants with more than one citizenship. In case you pass the Foreign Service Officer
Examinations, will you subscribe and swear to an oath of allegiance to the Republic of the
Philippines and its duly constituted authorities, and renounce your allegiance to all other
countries? □ Yes □ No □ Not Applicable
14. Have you taken the Foreign Service Officer Examinations before? □ Yes □ No
If yes, state how many times you have taken the following FSO component examinations and
the dates of those examinations.
1. Qualifying Test ________________________________________________________
2. Preliminary Interview____________________________________________________
3. Written Test ___________________________________________________________
4. Psychological Test _____________________________________________________
5. Oral Test______________________________________________________________
15. Foreign Language Test. Please check the foreign language you wish to be examined in.
() Bahasa Indonesia
16. Please check the testing center where you intend to take the Qualifying Test.
() Bacolod City
() General Santos City () Puerto Princesa City
() Baguio City
() Iloilo City
() Tacloban City
() Cagayan de Oro City
() Lipa City
() Tuguegarao City
() Calasiao, Pangasinan
() Legazpi City
() San Fernando City, La Union
() Cebu City
() Lucena City
() City of Sn Fernando,Pampanga
() Davao City
() Metro Manila
() Zamboanga City
17. From where/whom did you first learn about the 2018 Foreign Service Officer (FSO)
Examinations? Please put a check mark on the space beside all applicable answer/s.
CSC/PIA or other official
I have taken the exam before
Others (please specify) ________________
18. What is your main reason/motivation for taking the FSO Examination? Please put a check
mark on the space beside your corresponding answer. If you have more than 1 answer,
rank them from 1-5 with 1 as the main reason.
Pursue a career in the government
Opportunity to work overseas
for professional growth
Others (please specify) : __________________________________________________
I understand that the BFSE reserves the right not to conduct the Qualifying Test in any of the abovementioned testing centers depending on the number of qualified examinees thereat.
I hereby agree to pay a non-refundable admission fee of P500.00 before taking the Qualifying Test upon
acceptance of my application.
I hereby attach the following documents/requirements as integral parts of this application:
1. Photocopy of transcript of records from college or university, bearing seal of the college or
2. Photocopy of diploma or certificate of graduation.
3. Proof of past or present employment or further studies.
4. Photocopy of birth certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority
For those born abroad: Report of Birth at Post may be submitted in case no birth record
is available at Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). The Report of Birth shall be duly
authenticated by the issuing Post. A certification of non-availability of said birth certificate
from the PSA shall be submitted along with the Report of Birth.
For a Philippine citizen who has dual or multiple citizenships: a notarized affidavit stating
that upon passing the examination, he/she intends to renounce his/her oath
of allegiance to his/her other countries of citizenship; he/she must also submit a
notarized affidavit stating that he/she is a permanent resident in the Philippines.
5. For married applicants: Photocopy of marriage certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics
Authority. If married to a foreigner, he/she must secure from the Secretary of Foreign
Affairs, through the Board of Foreign Service Examinations, authority to take the FSO
6. Ten (10) pieces photographs: 4.5cm. x 3.5cm.; colored, with white background; taken
within three (3) months prior to filing of application; printed on good quality photo
paper; in standard close-up shot; in bare face; showing the full frontal view of the face
of the applicant; with the applicant’s full and handwritten (not computer
generated) name tag in the format: First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and
extension name (if any) and signature over printed name.
(For photograph details, please refer to Civil Service Commission (CSC) webpage http://csc.gov.ph/2014-02-27-07-36-50/2014-02-27-07-37-12.html (item no. 2); and,
7. Copies of two (2) valid identification cards (IDs), with the originals to be presented upon
OATH OF APPLICANT
I,________________________________, after having been duly sworn in accordance with law,
hereby declare that the foregoing answers to the questions in this application to take the Foreign
Service Officer Examinations are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief; that I have
not knowingly made any false, misleading or fraudulent statement; and that I understand that any false,
misleading or fraudulent statement knowingly made by me shall be sufficient cause for the cancellation
of my examination papers, removal from office if already appointed, and prosecution for perjury. I hereby
accept all decisions made by the Board of Foreign Service Examinations pertinent to my application.
Signature of Applicant over Printed Name
SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN TO before me this _______ day of ____________ at
___________________, Affiant displaying to me his/her Residence Certificate
No.___________ or Passport No._________________ issued at _______________