Claim for Sickness Benefit

What this is For:

Claim for Sickness Benefit for Unemployed, Self-Employed & Voluntary SSS Members

Where to File:

nearest SSS branch

How to File:

A separated, self-employed or voluntary member must submit one copy each of SSS Form CLD-9A (Sickness benefit claim for unemployed/self-employed/voluntary members) and SSS Form MMD-102 (Medical Certificate) to the nearest SSS branch. Please use black ink.

The following documents must also be submitted, depending on the type of member applying:

For unemployed members Certification from last employer showing the effective date of separation from employment or notice of the company's closure/strike or certification from the Department of Labor and Employment that the employee or employer has a pending labor case Certification that no advance payment was granted, if the confinement period applied for is within or prior to date of separation

See page 2 of Form CLD-9A for the supporting documents you will need to submit with your application.